Thursday, June 6, 2013

Book Review: The Beholder by Ivan Amberlake

So, I've decided to put book reviews on my blog when I finish one.  It'll help me post more often and, hopefully, bring some traffic to my fellow authors.

My first review is for Ivan Amberlake's The Beholder, available at Amazon here.

My Score - 5/5

The Beholder is a sterling example of what happens when an author introduces real people into a world which he/she has clearly envisioned. The characters are deep, real people with authentic motivations and desires; I wanted to follow Jason Walker on his journey of discovery, and I held my breath as he fell for the otherworldly Emily Ethan.

I did not feel that there was a wasted word in this book. I read it in about 2 and a half hours (I read fast, obviously) but a good chunk of that time was me being up waaaay too late :) Any author that can make me put off sleep for reading is doing something right. If you like anything by Neil Gaiman, you will appreciate Amberlake's "The Beholder."

I look forward to reading more.  Pick it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment