Wednesday, April 10, 2013

A good review! The landslide begins! (I hope :)

About a week ago, I sent out the first draft of my new novel Chains of Prophecy to my alpha readers.  I got my first reply back today.  I quote:

"Couldn't put it down.  A real winner!"

I'll be speaking to this reader later to talk specific points of good and bad, of course, but the fact that I wrote something that someone couldn't put down just...made me all glowy inside.

What about you?  Have you ever made or created something that someone else found amazing?  I'm sure you have, so you know what I'm talking about.

I've already made a couple of edits to Chains of Prophecy, including fixing a really bad continuity error (note - if you ditched the car three scenes ago, don't let your protagonist drive off in it.  <.< >.>)  I think that this book is definitely better written than my first...which is no surprise since it's NOT my first :)

Also:  I have increased my Twitter following by 400% or so in less than 24 hours.  Of course, I was only starting at 18, so this is not as impressive as you might think, but I'm on my way to establishing my writing platform!

Everything's working out today!

(ducks as the other shoe drops)

No comments:

Post a Comment